09 September 2008

updates, updates, updates

There has been so much that has gone on since last I posted. I'll try to start at the beginning. Paulee can now stand on her own. Of course the key word here is can. She somehow has gotten this trait that makes her want to do things her own way. She does not perform. Does not do things because other people want her. No, she'll do things when she wants, how she wants, no matter what anyone else thinks. I wonder from where did that inherited gene come. I plead the fifth.


We celebrated two birthdays just this month already. I am waiting on pictures so I can share, so I'll blog more about that horrible, I mean monumental two days. But I can share this with you. Malcolm is just too grown up. I mean, look at him! He wanted to help make his birthday cake. No, I do not believe in child labor, but it really meant something to him. So I caved and let him help, but only with the making of the batter. After that, I was on my own. But if you will notice, he is wearing an adult sized apron. It's just wrong. Heath's parents sent that to us from their church's 175th anniversary, and it fits him like a glove. Oh, and I would also like to point out that my kitchen was clean. Just was nice that I have proof that it does get clean from time to time.



The kids have been doing well in school. Most days are uneventful, and productive. We have those days that parent and child need separate corners, or even possibly separate rooms, but the kids still like us and school, so I guess we are doing alright.

We finally caved, and cut Daniel's hair. Most people weren't sure who the child was. He just looks so different! But as you can see, his personality is still intact. If nothing else, it has just magnified his persona. He is so much fun to have around. You can see in the background some of my sewing projects. I will post pictures soon. I've got one of Paulee's jumpers finished, but want to get Jeffie's skirt done first before I show off.




So, we were in the car the other day coming home from grocery shopping, when Heath Jr. asked, "Dad! Am I rich?" Heath just started laughing.
"What?!"
"AM I RICH?!" (because we all know that saying the same thing louder makes the question SO much clearer)
"Um...well, I guess it depends on how you look at it." (way to be non-committal!)
"Well, am I or aren't I?"
"I guess I'd have to say....no?"
"Well, yeah I am!"
"Then if you know you are, why did you ask?"
"You know Dad. Sometimes I'm rich!"
"I really don't know. How are you rich?"
"That's easy. If you take off the erd (that's how he said it), I'm Rich! I like to be Rich. Why don't you?"
The child never got an answer. We were just laughing too stinking hard.




3 comments:

Gram said...

Ok, I get the hint about the pictures.

Gram said...

Horrible two days? Because the boys are growing up? Or was there something wrong? Am I just taking it too literal?

Unknown said...

Way to literal. My babies are so old!